In 1935, Nicolau Kowalski, the son of Ukrainian immigrants, begins his entrepreneurial journey with a small potato and cereal business in Curitiba. In less than 10 years, the seed germinates and the first Kowalski factory is installed in Apucarana, in the state of Paraná. Over the following decades, Kowalski grows into one of the leading Brazilian producers of corn derivatives, and in 1990 it opens its second factory, in the heart of the country, in the state of Goiás. In 2014 it becomes part of Louis Dreyfus Commodities, an agricultural sector giant, and consolidates its leadership position in the sector. Learn more about our history on this timeline.
The entrepreneur Nicolau Kowalski, son of Ukrainian immigrants, opens a small potato and cereal business in Curitiba.
The factory in Apucarana is built and it is used for buying and selling beans.
Kowalski sets up a highway terminal to store cereals for export and the domestic market.
Cereal industrialization is expanded with the installation of two new extruders.
The new factory for storing and processing corn opens in Rio Verde, state of Goiás.
A unit for exporting corn oil was installed at the industrial park in Apucarana.
A new semi-humid degermination area for corn processing at the factory in Apucarana.
Production capacity at the Rio Verde factory is doubled through the expansion of degermination and corn milling equipment.
Kowalski is listed in the Exame magazine ranking among the Biggest & Best companies in Brazil.
Kowalski becomes a brand of Louis Dreyfus Commodities, world leader in the agricultural sector.
The Kowalski brand takes on a new visual identity and establishes itself as one of the largest dry corn producers in Brazil.
“FSSC 22000” certification acquired